Diesel Mechanic– 6 month contract
R240 000 – R280 000 TCTC
We are looking for qualified diesel mechanics with red seal, rigging, drilling and grouting experience.
The primary duties of a diesel mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on mining machinery to find faults, analysing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Diesel mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis
- Running diagnostic tests on machines
- Analysing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Qualified Diesel Certification (Red Seal).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working experience of between 5-10 years
- Advanced knowledge of drilling and grouting
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
Applications can be emailed to Ntsako.firstname.lastname@example.org