Head of Human Resources
R600 000 TCTC
An integrated facilities management company that offers services of hygiene/ cleaning and guarding is seeking a Head of Human Resources to implement and execute sound people practices to support the people pillar of the business.
A candidate who has worked with a large contingent of staff, especially blue-collar staff would be the ideal candidate for this role.
Your operational intensity, excellence and your thorough knowledge of this business will set you up for success in this demanding business.
- IR department will report to the HRBP
- The payroll department will report to the HRBP
- Engage trade unions
- Conduct salary negotiations
- Responsible and accountable for a contract workforce in excess of 1000 general workers
- Draft and maintain relevant job specifications and align KPI’s to the job specs
- Implement performance management systems to drive excellence
- Assist in all HR functions including recruiting, onboarding activities, benefits administration, performance evaluation, organization & talent development, termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate employee records including personal information, attendance, transfer, promotion, and termination, and updated the files according to management requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of HR reports, metrics, and statistical analysis as required.
- Complete EE, SD and any other Labour reports required on a monthly basis
- Process HR-related requests, such as employment verifications, leave management, and employee inquiries.
- Assist in coordinating employee recognition programs/ employee wellness and company-wide events.
- Coordinate and run committee meetings such as the EE committee meeting
- Writing and reviewing policies and procedures
- Conduct audits on adherence to compliance
- Prepare and support the IR department should there be any Disciplinary Hearings to be initiated
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5+ years of HR generalist experience
- Management Experience essential
- Having worked in an integrated facilities, cleaning/hygiene/ guarding organisation, is essential
- Experience with trade unions and bargaining councils
- Must have overseen a large workforce of in excess 1000 general workers
- Outstanding follow-through, self-directed, and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong time management skills and ability to make judgment calls
- Essential technical skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS OS
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com